Guest Writing for MeBit
MeBit (pronounced MEE-bit) is a new website that focuses on the positive, with an emphasis on health, fitness, and travel. We're preparing to launch the next phase of our site and we're looking for experienced writers to help us. Here's what's in it for our guest authors:
- $50 per accepted article
- author byline
- link to author's personal site or social media profile
- exposure and networking
- $5 for each original, high-quality photograph we accept as part of the article
Before you submit work for consideration or begin writing, here are some things to know:
- Provide tips our readers can easily put into practice.
- Write in your own voice - use a friendly and conversational tone.
- All articles must be original writing.
- Articles should be a minimum of 700 words. If you have a piece that is close to 700 words and otherwise excellent, exceptions to this minimum may be made.
- Source any health claims in your article. If you mention a statistic or some research in your writing, include a link to that source.
- Ownership of the article transfers to MeBit Media - meaning, for example, that you cannot re-post the article elsewhere, even on your own site.
- Keep the tone positive. We never publish negative news, politics, or content with a cynical or sarcastic tone.
- Authors should review the types of content currently in our curated Daily Feed to get a feel for the type of content we are looking for.
- If it's your first time writing for us, please have sample writing you can show us.
- Don't send SEO-driven submissions. We can’t use posts from content farms or created to boost SEO for a company or product.
- The MeBit Originals content section, where guest articles will be published, launches in September.
If you're ready to discuss writing for us, send an email to [email protected]. In your email, tell us about what you'd like to write about. Although we focus on health, fitness, and travel, we also have a "freestyle" category. So if you have a great idea, let's chat about it. Finally, remember to include links to previous work if it's your first time guest writing for us.
We look forward to talking with you!